The Trusted Source for Nevada Business Law
and Estate Planning
Business Law Services
InSource Law’s corporate governance lawyers have the experience needed to effectively guide our clients in best practices and effective risk management strategy. Our business law attorneys can assist in commercial regulation, shareholder communication, legal compliance, internal processes, and more.
Getting to “yes” can be a tricky business. Memorializing the deal in writing can be even trickier. InSource Law’s forte is transactions and we pride ourselves on the quality of our commercial documents. Our experienced counsel can serve as point man or advise from behind the scenes in commercial transactions.
Mergers & Acquisitions
InSource Law has your back when it comes to acquiring ownership of other business entities or creating a seamless merger. InSource Law’s mergers and acquisitions attorneys work closely with the client’s strategic management team in ensuring legal compliance, preparing transactional documents, and executing the transaction.
Formation of Nevada Business Entities
Nevada is a strategic location for forming a business entity. The ‘Silver State’ has no franchise tax, no corporate income taxes, and no state personal income tax. InSource Law can assist clients in Nevada, the United States, and globally in creating a Limited Liability Company (LLC), corporation, partnership, or other Nevada business structure. Once you’re up and running you will have InSource Law on tap to support you in all of your commercial endeavors.
When InSource drafts a contract we begin by assessing the strengths and weaknesses of everyone involved. We’re advocates, so when we write, its for the success of our clients. We seek the fair advantage.
Getting to yes can be a complicated and delicate process. InSource has experience in high value contract negotiations involving services and commodities. Knowledge of the parties and market conditions are key. We work closely with our client in calibrating our negotiation strategy.
InSource reviews important commercial agreements for risk factors by starting with key terms and expectations. Our candid approach will spot commercial issues and give your company clarity.
InSource can provide an on-site or remote contract administrator for all phases of contract administration. We have experience in the administration of high value lump sum, unit rate, and cost reimbursable contracts from pre-award to close out.
When the parties wish to perform differently than the way the contract was written, or add or remove obligations, get it in writing. InSource Law can quickly prepare written Contract Modifications to memorialize changes.
If you’re called into commercial arbitration, or wish to utilize it, InSource understands the game. These privatized tribunals can be fast and fair, or costly and unpredictable. We’re there to size it up and fight for your commercial interests. InSource’s A.D.R. Managing Attorney, Kevin Walsh, was trained in International Commercial Arbitration through the Charted Institute of Arbitrators.
InSource Law can provide a fair and neutral mediator with commercial experience to help resolve a dispute. We can also attend mediation as your advocate. InSource’s A.D.R. Managing Attorney, Kevin Walsh, holds a Practice Certificate in Mediation from the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators, Australia. InSource Law uses the Harvard Model, a proven mediation method, to resolve conflict.
InSource Law’s litigation team has the advantage of flexibility. We work as closely as possible with our client, often at their corporate office where the relevant records are kept. This proximity gives InSource a better understanding of our client. We study our opponent and attack what is vulnerable.
LIVING TRUST SOURCE
Friendly, efficient, and empathetic, the quality of our personal service matches the quality of our living trusts
MED BILL DEFENSE
Med Bill Defense protects people like you from unreasonably high medical charges, billing errors, and improper denials
Who We Are
InSource Law is a Nevada law practice providing corporate legal services and estate planning. We distinguish ourselves by our experience, flexibility, and emphasis on an effective attorney-client relationship.
To become an InSource Lawyer an attorney must have at least 10 or more years of experience in their practice area and be a Nevada licensed attorney in good standing. All InSource Lawyers have been carefully vetted for ethics, attitude, and ability. This is accomplished through a three-phase interview process and three or more reference checks. No InSource Lawyer has ever faced any disciplinary action by any State Bar. Managing Attorney, Kevin Walsh, Esq., joined the State Bar of Nevada more than 20 years ago.
The InSource Law business model was designed around the attorney-client relationship. Our Business Law Division works closely with corporate clients and can even deliver personalized legal services with an attorney working alongside your team, at your corporate offices. Our corporate clients also meet with us at our Reno legal district location in a spacious conference room also equipped for video meetings.
Similarly, our Living Trust Source attorneys are always willing to travel to our clients. We go to homes, hospitals, and hospice care facilities whenever asked. Our legal district office is also easily accessible for clients with physical limitations.
InSource Law’s Litigation Division handles business and family estate disputes. All Litigation Division attorneys have trial experience and are seasoned litigators. We also participate in alternative methods of dispute resolution including arbitration and mediation.
These are the values that govern everything we do:
- Fluidity– We change to meet the conditions of our environment. At InSource Law we are not rigid in our thinking. We look for better ways of doing things. InSource Law adapts to the shape of our client’s needs.
- Ethics –Ethics should be driven by more than professional rules of conduct and consumer protection laws. We believe sound ethics should be engrained in the culture of the organization. Great ethics arise from a sense of empathy and fairness to others.
- Support– InSource Law values a culture of support. We support our clients as much as we support our lawyers. We provide them both with knowledge and resources to do great work, grow, and prosper. We also promote a work-life balance.
- Efficiency – InSource Law is designed for efficiency of time, cost, and energy. Our approach to billing eliminates the risk of receiving unexpected exorbitant bills for services rendered by the hour. We forecast fees and use flat fees when possible.
- Ability– Legal work is complex and challenging. Ability only comes with education and experience. We have both and continuously endeavor to improve our capabilities.
- Contribution – InSource Law seeks to contribute something positive to the legal profession by pioneering better ways of helping clients achieve their business and estate planning goals while giving the lawyer a better life and work experience.
Call InSource Law to learn how we can help you achieve your business and estate planning goals.
InSource Law is a Nevada limited liability company regulated by the State Bar of Nevada. Kevin P. Walsh, Esq., SBN # 6160, is the Managing Attorney responsible for the contents of this website.
Business Law Services
Formation of Nevada Business Entities | Transactions | Mergers & Acquisitions | Corporate Governance | Drafting | Negotiation | Commercial Document Review |Contract Administration | Contract Modifications | Arbitration | Mediation | Litigation
How We Charge
- Flat Fees - Flat Fee Agreements are used whenever possible.
- Ongoing Projects- Long term projects may be billed pursuant to a day or weekly rate.
- No Surprises- We put the full cost of legal fees in writing and obtain the client’s consent before work ever commences. We never charge more than the agreed price. By avoiding the unpredictable billable hour approach accurate legal cost forecasting is possible.
How We Work
- Business Services - For business matters we deliver legal services from our downtown Reno office or a satellite office. We refer to these services as “off-site services” because they do not occur at our client’s corporate offices.
- On-site business services - InSource Law provides an alternative to traditional law firm culture by offering “on-site” (aka in-house) legal services. An InSource Lawyer works alongside our client’s project team, at their corporate offices, as in-house counsel. This practice, first developed in the U.K., is called “secondment.”
On-site Advantages - These are some advantages of using InSource’s on-site legal services:
- Cost Control Legal fees and assignment duration are fixed so our business clients can accurately forecast and control legal costs. InSource Law gives the client business the advantages of in-house counsel while avoiding the cost of out-sourcing legal work. The assignment is temporary and continues as long as needed. You can avoid the cost and commitment of hiring permeant inhouse legal counsel.
- CommunicationClients often complain they rarely see their lawyer in person and the lawyer does not always return their calls. This detachment puts the company and lawyer at risk of making mistakes and is a great source of frustration and anxiety for the client’s project team.
- Access to Critical Information Business issues are complex matters. When attorneys work off-site in the confines of a law-firm, they never get the full picture. Important documents and issues are often overlooked when a business out-source to law firms. By insourcing a lawyer, you give your company the advantage of in-house counsel with a more comprehensive understanding of legal matters and client needs.
- Risk ManagementTraditional law firms are usually consulted only after a risk becomes a serious problem. Yet lawyers are trained to spot potential business risks, manage existing ones, and can design systems and procedures that reduce risk. A lawyer’s ability to help your business manage risk is maximized when embedded in your business.
- Extra Capacity When your business opportunities and demands exceed your company’s capabilities InSource Law is on call to give you extra resources to meet demands.
- Transparency When your team works alongside a lawyer the client knows how the lawyers time is spent. There should never be any questions concerning time when you insource.
- Legal Service Cost ForecastingClients don’t like sitting in a boardroom wondering how much a lawyer’s attendance at a meeting is going to cost them. Clients are billed for legal services at a set rate at weekly or monthly intervals. This allows companies to properly forecast and budget for legal expenses.
- Trust When a lawyer is insourced, he or she becomes part of your in-house team. The lawyer is more personally engaged in creating the outcome sought by your business. Trustworthy relationships are easier to forge with an in-house lawyer who understands and appreciates the project team, their mission, and their personal commitment.
- Cover Employee Gaps & Absences InSource Law can provide a powerful solution to employee gaps and absences. Operations can continue seamlessly when staff are absent or when positions are temporarily vacant.
- Synergy Synergy is the interaction and cooperation of two or more organizations resulting in accomplishments that are greater than would be possible if the organizations worked separately. Synergy generated between lawyer and client requires proximity that cannot be fully achieved when out-sourcing legal work.
Trusts & Estates
Trusts & Estates by The Living Trust Source
Comprehensive Packages Covering Financial & Medical Matters
Probate Avoidance Strategies
Power of Attorney for Medical Decisions in case of incapacitation
Power of Attorney for Financial Decisions in case of incapacitation
Spendthrift Trusts for heirs with money management problems, creditors, addiction, or other limitations
Family Conflict Resolution
Funding of Trusts – the process of putting property in the trust
Settlement of Trusts – final distribution and closure
Asset Protection Trusts
Instructions for burial or cremation
Trusts for care of pets
Customized for unique family needs
Dispute Resolution – litigation, arbitration, and mediation
InSource Law LLC was built on 20+ years of legal experience on two continents. It’s founder, Kevin Walsh, has dedicated his career to the practice of law. His experience in the legal industry runs from Nevada court rooms where he has successfully tried cases to the Australian outback where he worked as a contracts specialist on mega projects for gold, oil and gas, and iron ore.
Following his endeavors down under Walsh returned to Nevada where he designed a law practice that recognizes current trends in the legal profession. In addition to traditional legal services rendered from an attorney office InSource Law can work at your business alongside your team. This innovative approach enables businesses to have in-house lawyer for a specified time and fixed cost. The burden and risk of hiring permeant counsel can now be avoided by working with an InSource Lawyer.
A personal family estate matter caused Kevin to recognize the growing demand for sound estate planning and effective conflict avoidance and resolution. The Living Trust Source is a dba under InSource Law LLC. We will travel to any home, hospital, or hospice location to help our clients. Our Reno Legal District office is easily accessible for client meetings.