In-House Legal Services
InSource Law offers an alternative to big law firm mill culture by providing on-site (in house) and off-site corporate legal services.
Legal fees and assignment duration are fixed so our business clients can accurately forecast and control legal costs.
Some assignments may combine in-house and off-site services depending on scope of work.
IN-HOUSE LEGAL SERVICES
- An InSource Lawyer works alongside our Client’s project team, at their corporate offices, as in-house counsel. This practice, first developed in England, is called “secondment.”
- InSource Law gives the client business the advantages of in-house counsel while avoiding the cost of out-sourcing legal work. Without overheads or billable hours, in-house legal counsel is affordable.
- Case management and administrative functions are performed by the InSource Virtual Headquarters. MAP
- The assignment is temporary and continues so long as needed.
- InSource Lawyers are flexible and can perform a wide range of legal work not otherwise possible when outsourcing to a traditional law firm.
- Fees are for block time in daily, monthly, or weekly units.
- Legal fees are predictable, and a bill will never be more than forecasted without the written Fee Agreement Modification signed by the client.
- Fee arrangements are confidential.
Advantages of In-house Legal Services:
- Cost Legal services are delivered to the client for a fraction of the cost. Clients do not want to pay for a law firm’s overheads. InSource Law has eliminated many costs of the traditional brick and mortar law firm by embedding lawyers in client businesses.
- Communication Clients often complain they rarely see their lawyer in person and the lawyer does not always return their calls. This detachment puts the company and lawyer at risk of making mistakes and is a great source of frustration and anxiety for the client’s project team.
- Access to Critical Information Business issues are complex matters. When attorneys work off-site in the confines of a law-firm, they never get the full picture. Important documents and issues are often overlooked when a business out-source to law firms. By insourcing a lawyer, you give your company the advantage of in-house counsel with a more comprehensive understanding of legal matters and client needs.
- Risk Management Traditional law firms are usually consulted only after a risk becomes a serious problem. Yet lawyers are trained to spot potential business risks, manage existing ones, and can design systems and procedures that reduce risk. A lawyer’s ability to help your business manage risk is maximized when embedded in your business.
- Extra Capacity When your business opportunities and demands exceed your company’s capabilities InSource Law is on call to give you extra resources to meet demands.
- Transparency When your team works alongside a lawyer the client knows how the lawyers time is spent. There should never be any questions concerning time when you insource.
- Legal Service Cost Forecasting Clients don’t like sitting in a boardroom wondering how much a lawyer’s attendance at a meeting is going to cost them. Clients are billed for legal services at a set rate at weekly or monthly intervals. This allows companies to properly forecast and budget for legal expenses.
- Trust When a lawyer is insourced he or she becomes part of your in-house team. The lawyer is more personally engaged in creating the outcome sought by your project team. Trustworthy relationships are easier to forge with an in-house lawyer who understands and appreciates the project team, their mission, and their personal commitment.
- Cover Employee Gaps & Absences InSource Law can provide a powerful solution to employee gaps and absences. Operations can continue more seamlessly when staff are absent or when positions are temporarily vacant.
- Synergy Synergy is the interaction and cooperation of two or more organizations resulting in accomplishments that are greater than would be possible if the organizations worked separately. Synergy generated between lawyer and client requires proximity that cannot be fully achieved when out-sourcing legal work.
Living Trust Source by InSource Law LLC
Friendly, efficient, and empathetic, the quality of our personal service matches the quality of our living trusts.